Library Employment and Fellowship Opportunities
Applications are taken only for open positions. Open positions for the Seattle, Bothell, and Tacoma campuses are listed on this page. To apply, read the job details carefully and follow the application instructions. Most positions require you to login using your UW NetID to upload a completed application.
Open Student Positions
- Research Commons Student Specialist
- Priority deadline 12 June, 2013. Posted 24 May 2013. B.A./B.S. required
- Sand Point Courier (Suzzallo/Allen Library)
- Open until filled. Posted 23 May, 2013
- Drama Library Student Technician
- Posted 23 May, 2013. Closes 28 May, 2013
- Reference and Instruction Specialist
- Open until 9 June, 2013. Posted 21 May, 2013. B.A./B.S. required.
- Engineering Library, Reference Assistant
- Open until filled. Posted 26 April, 2013. B.A./B.S. required.
- Joseph and Jill McKinstry Libraries Endowed Fellowship
- UW Libraries offers a unique fellowship to MLIS students at the iSchool that combines a scholarship with a paid work experience in the University Libraries system. The successful fellow receives a scholarship and an assignment in a University Libraries unit(s) based on the recipient's interests.
- Guy and Charlotte Springsteel Graduate Fellowship
- This fellowship was established by Frederick Springsteel in honor of his parents, Guy and Charlotte, who met at Western Washington University.
There are currently no items in this folder.
Classified and Professional Staff Positions
When available, jobs are posted at the central UW employment website, with brief descriptions and links listed here.
- HEAL-WA Web Specialist
- This position will develop, maintain and enhance the Linux-based webserver to support the Health Evidence Resource for Washington State (HEAL-WA) program. This position will also be responsible for integrating hardware, server software and web applications to deliver health-related information in a variety of formats to include mobile applications, websites, blogs, and other electronic resources.
- ILL and DDS South Supervisor
- This position maintains operations of the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services Unit in the “ILL South” Health Sciences Library location. Closes 27 May, 2013