Student Employment in the Libraries
The University of Washington Libraries employ students on an hourly basis in positions that are both challenging and responsible. The Libraries offer flexible work schedules, for both the Academic Year and Summer Quarter, at many convenient locations on our Bothell, Seattle, and Tacoma campuses.
Campuses are listed here only when openings are available, as applications are only taken for open positions. To apply, read the job details carefully and follow the application instructions. Most positions require you to login using your UW NetID to upload a completed application.
Current and recent positions
Seattle Campus - Student Positions
Positions are posted as available.
- Student Specialist, Libraries Advancement
- Posted 19 November, 2015. Closes 3 December, 2015
- International Studies, Southeast Asia Section - Vietnam Studies Group Web Assistant
- Posted 16 November, 2015. Closes 29 November, 2015.
- Slavic Acquisitions Student Specialist - International Studies
- Posted 23 October, 2015. Open until filled; to ensure consideration apply by 1 November, 2015.
To be employed as a student, the student must be enrolled in a degree program and meet minimum enrollment requirements, qualify for "academic leave" status, or be enrolled in the UW English Language Program. Minimum credits are 6 for undergraduate students, 4 for graduate and professional students, and 2 for Ph.D. candidates working on dissertations. Preference may go to applicants with Work Study financial aid awards, but all students are encouraged to apply.
The University of Washington, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, is building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Does the job you want require a résumé or cover letter to apply? For suggestions or examples for crafting your application, a few places to start are:
- Odegaard Writing Center resume guide (pdf)
- Resume / career resources selected by UW Librarians
- UW Career Center resume guide
For additional information or questions regarding student job opportunities or the application process, interested students may contact the UW Libraries Employment Services Manager: