Student Employment in the Libraries
The University of Washington Libraries employ students on an hourly basis in positions that are both challenging and responsible. The Libraries offer flexible work schedules, for both the Academic Year and Summer Quarter, at many convenient locations on our Bothell, Seattle, and Tacoma campuses.
Campuses are listed here only when openings are available, as applications are only taken for open positions. To apply, read the job details carefully and follow the application instructions. Most positions require you to login using your UW NetID to upload a completed application.
Current and recent positions
Seattle Campus - Student Positions
Positions are posted as available.
- East Asia Library Circulation Student Assistant
- Posted 23 May, 2016. Closes 5 June, 2016
- Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant, Health Sciences Library
- Posted 23 May, 2016. Closes 1 June, 2016
- Facilities Student Assistant- Odegaard Undergraduate Library
- Posted 23 May, 2016. Open until filled
- Research & Learning Services Specialist
- Posted 16 May, 2016. Closes 31 May, 2016
To be employed as a student, the student must be enrolled in a degree program and meet minimum enrollment requirements, qualify for "academic leave" status, or be enrolled in the UW English Language Program. Minimum credits are 6 for undergraduate students, 4 for graduate and professional students, and 2 for Ph.D. candidates working on dissertations. Preference may go to applicants with Work Study financial aid awards, but all students are encouraged to apply.
The University of Washington, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, is building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Does the job you want require a résumé or cover letter to apply? For suggestions or examples for crafting your application, a few places to start are:
- Odegaard Writing Center resume guide (pdf)
- Resume / career resources selected by UW Librarians
- UW Career Center resume guide
For additional information or questions regarding student job opportunities or the application process, interested students may contact the UW Libraries Employment Services Manager: