News Events Exhibits
Dreamlogs: Artists' Books by Genie Shenk
Since 1982, Genie Shenk has recorded each night's dream in visual form. Yearly records are a reference of ideas and a source for other works. Her imagery varies from circular monoprints to collaged paper to adaptations of illustrations found in antique atlases and dictionaries.
The exhibit, curated by Rare Books and Book Arts Curator, Sandra Kroupa, will highlight Shenk's extensive career.
After receiving an MFA from UCLA in 1990, Genie Shenk studied bookbinding with David Brock in San Diego. For seventeen years, she taught book arts at San Diego Mesa College and at the Athenaeum Library of Music and the Arts in La Jolla. Her one-of-a-kind artistsʼ books have been exhibited frequently and are represented in numerous special collections.
Current/Upcoming Events & Exhibits
- Post-SIFF Forum on films from Taiwan Jun 21, 2013 from 03:30 PM to 05:00 PM — Allen Library Auditorium,
- Discussion of films screened at Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF). Panelists: Director General Andy Chin (TECO) Professor Haicheng Wang (UW Art History) John Vallier (Libraries Distributed Media Services) and Ailin Chiu (Asia Today). Opening remarks by Zhijia Shen, Director of East Asia Library. | Allen Library Auditorium | June 21, 3:30-5:00pm
- Photographic Finds in a Time of Transition from Jun 03, 2013 07:00 AM to Jul 23, 2013 10:00 PM — Allen Library North lobby,
- Daily life in Nakhodka, Russian Far East through the lens of Georgy Pakin | Allen Library North lobby | June 4 - July 23
- Dreamlogs: Artists' Books by Genie Shenk from May 03, 2013 08:00 AM to Sep 27, 2013 05:00 PM — Allen Library North balcony and Special Collections Lobby, Allen Library South Basement,
- Since 1982, Genie Shenk has recorded each night's dream in visual form. Yearly records are a reference of ideas and a source for other works. Her imagery varies from circular monoprints to collaged paper to adaptations of illustrations found in antique atlases and dictionaries. The exhibit will highlight Shenk's extensive career. Allen Library North balcony and Special Collections Lobby, Allen Library South Basement | May 3 - Sep 27
News and Announcements
- Summer Tips: What to Know Before You Go!
- June 2013
- Coming Summer 2013: The New UW Libraries Search
- At the end of June 2013, we will migrate to a new and improved library system for finding books, articles, and more. The new UW Libraries Search will make it easier for you to find the information and materials you're looking for at the University of Washington Libraries and beyond.
Libraries in the News
- Libraries seeks more funding for valuable Vietnam-era collection
- Northwest Vietnamese News - May 31, 2013
- Coming Soon: A new faster search for University Libraries, partners
- UW Today - May 29, 2013
- The Protest Artist: Richard Correll Was Endearing, but His Prints Are Fierce
- The Stranger - February 6, 2013
The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Libraries Communications Officer, A.C. Petersen with Libraries events and news