Allen Library First Floor Balcony Exhibit Case
Use Policy/Description of Facility
Submit Exhibit Proposal Forms [pdf] to:
Name: Paul Constantine, Associate Dean for Special Collections and Museum Collaborations
Mail: Box 352900
University Libraries Representative:
Paul Constantine, Associate Dean for Special Collections and Museum Collaborations
Area Specification and Description, Equipment and Hours:
- The Allen First Floor Balcony is a main thoroughfare between the Allen and Suzzallo Libraries, which are visited by an average of 1.4 million visitors a year. The fixed position exhibit floor case is made up of two sections (continuous) with locking glass doors and adjustable glass shelving. The usable interior display space measures approximately 42" H x 141" W x 20" D; with a reslient back wall for push-pin mounting.
- Shelving consists of four 70" W x 10" D shelves, and four 35" W x 12" D shelves. Overall dimensions of the case are 90" H x 12'W x 28"D.
- Overhead track lighting.
- Acrylic book supports available. Discuss fruther details on sizes and quantities with Contact person.
- Room is open during regular Suzzallo Allen Library operational hours.
- Any required funding for an exhibit (including shipping, installation, and surrounding events) must be in place before making a request to schedule the exhibit space.
- Not climate controlled.
- No adhesives allowed on case walls, glass doors, or on exhibit supports.
- The UW Libraries takes no responsibility for the security or welfare of exhibits at any time, including during transport, installation, or dismantling. Before an exhibit is installed, exhibitors must sign an Exhibit Release Form indemnifying the UW from any responsibility for loss or damage.