Special Collections Lobby Exhibit Cases
Use Policy/Description of Facility
Submit Exhibit Proposal Forms [pdf] to:
Name: Paul Constantine, Associate Dean for Special Collections and Museum Collaborations
Mail: Box 352900
University Libraries Representative:
Paul Constantine, Associate Dean for Special Collections and Museum Collaborations
Area Specification and Description, Equipment and Hours:
- The Special Collections Lobby is located in the basement of the Allen South Library
- The case is one large built-in unit comprised of five (continuous sections) with locking glass doors and adjustable shelving. The usable interior display measures approximately 49"H x 29' 10" W x 20" D; case has a resilient back wall for push-pin moutning. Shelving consists of thirteen shelves 35" W x 12" D, and twenty-eight shelves 35" W x 18" D.
- Ovehead exterior track lighting.
- Acrylic book supports available. Discuss further details on sizes and quantities with Contact Person.
- Any required funding for an exhibit (including shipping, installation, and surrounding events) must be in place before making a request to schedule the exhibit space.
- No climate control.
- No adhesives allowed on case walls, glass doors, or on exhibit supports.
- Special Collections materials take priority for this space.
- The Libraries takes no responsibility for the security or welfare of exhibits at any time, including during transport, installation, or dismantling. Before an exhibit is installed, exhibitors must sign an Exhibit Release Form indemnifying the UW from any responsibility for loss or damage.