Using the BE Library
Use the UW Libraries Catalog to find materials and electronic resources, including the holdings of the Built Environments Library. The BE Library has several shelving locations, which are indicated in the catalog.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Stop by the circulation desk for help.
- Need research assistance? Ask the BE Librarian.
All materials in the BE Library are available for on-site, free use by all our visitors. Most materials are in open stacks that can be browsed. Selected items are kept in closed areas and require assistance by the library staff.
- Your Husky card is your library borrowing card
- Assistance for users with disabilities
The BE Library's service desk staff provide circulation services:
- Check out books and other materials
- Help placing holds or recalls on currently checked out materials
- Answer quick information and directional questions
- Most materials can be returned to any UW Libraries circulation desk or book return.
- Reserves, fragile items, and equipment must be returned to the BE desk.
Course reserve materials are arranged by call number on open reserve shelves. Materials may be checked out for 2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours or 72 hours.
Printing services are provided in the library through Dawg-Prints. Pay for copies with your UW Husky card or with a pre-paid Dawg-Prints card:
- If you have a Husky card, open an account.
- Purchase a pre-paid Dawg-Prints card at dispensers in the Allen Library lobby, Odegaard Undergraduate Library or other locations.
Self-service print station is available from BE Library computers:
- One or two sided, 8 1/2 x 11" or 11"x17 paper , and black/white or color.
Other printing options
- Send your print request via Dawg Prints to other Library print stations and centers across campus for pick up.
- Specialty services are available from Creative + Communications or campus copy centers.
- Large scanner, near the public service desk.
- Small scanner, located next to phone and public service desk
- Small scanner, located in study room near self-services print station.
- Book scanning station, located next to print station.
- Laptop computers (Mac and Windows) - 7 day loan
- Portable data/video projectors - 4 hour loan
- Digital cameras - 72 hour loan
- Camcorders - 72 hour loan
- Audio recording equipment - end of day loan
- Light Meters