Husky OnNet (BIG-IP Edge Client)
Husky OnNet is provided by UW IT to provide a secure temporary connection to the UW network from off-campus locations and can be used as an alternative to the Libraries off-campus proxy service for connecting to UW-restricted resources.
Configuring Husky OnNet to Access UW-Restricted Library Resources
You will need to make one small change to the settings in the OnNet f5 BIG-IP Edge client:
- After following the instructions to Download and Use Husky OnNet, start the OnNet application.
- Before clicking on Connect, make sure the server setting says All Internet Traffic.
If it does not, click Change Server at the bottom left.
- In the pop-up window, select All Internet Traffic.
- Click Next
- Click the Connect button
- If you are connected correctly it will say Connected and Server: All Internet Traffic.
From this point, you can browse, search, and connect to any UW-restricted resource as if you are on campus and without using the.
- If you are connected with UW Campus Network Traffic Only, all connections to UW-restricted resources will be treated as off-campus and will require you to use links from the Libraries website or the proxy bookmarklet.
- Be sure to Disconnect from OnNet when you are done and no longer need the connection to the UW network.