Field name: Your choice (default = "Creator")
DC Element: Creator
The person (or organization) primarily responsible for making the content of the resource.
You could have more than one field mapped to Creator. For instance, the architect of a building and the person who photographed the building.
Examples of field names:
Examples of data:
- Curtis, Asahel, 1874-1941
- United States. Dept. of the Interior
- Lastname, Firstname
If there is more than one name in the same field, separate them by <br>:
- Kroupa, Sandra<br>Maguire, Marsha
- Use a consistent form for names (same name, same form). See controlled vocabularies below.
Recommended controlled vocabulary:
- Library of Congress/National Authority File (LCAF): List maintained by LC and other libraries. This is the largest file of names (over 4 million) and covers names from many different subject areas and disciplines. It is also the authority file used by the UW Libraries Catalog and all UW Libraries digital projects. You can find authorized forms of names in the Library of Congress Authorities by doing a Name Authority Heading search.
- Union List of Artist Names (ULAN): Vocabulary maintained by the Getty Research Institute. The ULAN "contains around 220,000 names and other information about artists. The coverage of the ULAN is from Antiquity to the present, and the scope is global. The scope of the ULAN includes any identified individual or "corporate body" (i.e., a group of people working together) involved in the design or creation of art and architecture."