Active Learning Resources
Explore active learning initiatives and projects from across the country.
- University of Minnesota, Active Learning Classroom (ALC).
- North Carolina State University SCALE-UP Project.
- MIT Technology Enabled Active Learning.
- Duke University Libraries, Engaging your students with active learning.
- EDUCAUSE PAIR-up Model.
- University of Washington Provost Report, Innovators Among Us: How UW Faculty are Enhancing Teaching with Technology.
- University of Washington Provost Report, Putting Learning First: How Students Learn and How Technology Can Help, April 2013.
- University of California Berkeley Educational Technology Services, Active Learning Classrooms.
- University of Michigan Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, Active Learning.
- Cohen, E. G. (1994). Designing Groupwork: Strategies for the heterogeneous classroom. New York: Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Huston, T. (2009). Teaching What You Don’t Know. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press.
- Stanford University Newsletter on Teaching, Cooperative Learning: Students Working in Small Groups, Winter 1999.
- University of Michigan Center for Faculty Excellence, Classroom Activities for Active Learning, November 2009.
- University of Washington CIDR Teaching & Learning Bulletin, Planning Group Projects, 2006.
- University of Michigan CRLT "Engaging Students in the Classroom & Beyond" videos – a series of videos demonstrating how faculty stimulate student engagement in their courses
Resource for Amanda:
- Active Learning FPLC "Collaborating with Strangers (TM)" Worksheets Example: https://docs.google.com/a/uw.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArSSqtDm6b9fdFRzWVVWUHhfUVBxTXp5dy1JOC1wTGc#gid=0