Swimming Upstream: Cooperatively Preserving Collections in the Northwest September 21, 2000, University of Washington
- Create a regional preservation listserv (Gary Menges, UW)
- Report back to CLAMS and other professional associations represented at the meeting.
- Publicize regional educational opportunities, e.g.
- PORTALS Emergency Preparedness and Recovery, Nov.30-Dec.l, Portland
- Water, Water Everywhere, April 9, 2001, Seattle
- Explore preservation pre-conference at OLA/WLA in 2002 (Janet Webster).
- OCLC/WLN Pacific Northwest Service Center explore contracting with AMIGOS, SOLINET, and other RAP members to bring preservation workshops to the Pacific Northwest. (Karin Ford)
- State libraries to investigate use of LSTA money to fund preservation activities for libraries within their state
(Gayle Palmer, Washington; Ernest Perez, Oregon; Kay Shelton, Alaska).
- Investigate a planning assessment of regional preservation needs, collection strengths, and endangered materials.
- Pre-Steering Committee to set up Steering Committee by January 1, 2001
(Gudrun Aurand, Richard Engeman, Karin Ford, Normandy Helmer, Gary Menges, Mary Montgomery, John Popko, and Kay Shelton)
* Based on meeting flipchart and meeting notes from Paula Palmer and Ernest Perez