Holds and Due Date Changes
How do I get a book that is checked out?
- If you are a current UW faculty, student or staff look in the Summit catalog for an available copy. In most cases we can get a copy from a Summit library faster than we can recall material from a UW borrower. Using Summit also allows two UW borrowers to have a copy of same book at the same time.
- If what you are looking for is not available through Summit or you are not a current UW faculty, student or staff, you can place a hold on the UW copy. Longer due dates will be reduced and the book will be available in 7 to 14 days depending on when it was checked out.
Why was the due date of my book changed?
- You are guaranteed a 14 day checkout unless needed immediately for reserves.
- For books due in more than 7 days, the due date will be changed to 7 days from today's date or 14 days from the checkout date whichever is later.
- If you are a current UW faculty, student or staff look in the Summit catalog for an available copy - in most cases you can get a copy from another library before you need to return the UW copy.