Returning Materials & Book Return Locations
Books and media, including Summit and Interlibrary Loan materials, may be returned to any UW Library or book return (see locations below).
- All reserve materials must be returned to the desk from which they were borrowed or risk taking longer to be checked in
(note: some reserve materials are assessed fines on an hourly basis).
- If possible, please return fragile or loose material (including CDs in crystal cases) to a circulation desk rather than a book return.
- Non-reserve library materials may also be returned by mail. Material sent via the mail will be checked in when it is received by the Libraries and is the responsibility of the borrower until that time. Please allow time for mailing and delivery. Send to:
Central Circulation Services
University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195-2900
View UW Libraries Book Returns in a larger map
Book Return Locations
- All libraries have at least one book return located inside the library and some have additional book returns elsewhere in their respective buildings.
Outside Book Return Locations
- See map; these returns are available 24/7 including after the library has closed
Drive up (or drive near) book returns are located at the following libraries:
- Allen Library (accessible from Skagit Lane)
- Bothell Campus Library (accessible from Campus Parkway)
- Drama Library (accessible from Stevens Way in Hutchinson Hall)
- Health Sciences Library (accessible from Columbia Road)
- Tacoma Library (accessible from Dolly Roberson Lane)
Additional outside book returns:
- Engineering (Northwest)
- Music (South)