Computer Access in the Libraries for Visitors
Computers: Guest Research Stations
Locations: Access to all Libraries' resources and fee-based printing is available in all branches and public service units.
Provides access to:
- All online resources which can be found in the UW Libraries catalog
- All Web sites with .edu, .gov, .org, .mil, .museum extensions
- Read-only versions of the Microsoft Office suite of software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Restrictions: There is no access to anonymous email sites, such as Hotmail, Yahoo! mail, or Gmail or to most .com Web sites.
Wireless Access for Visitors
If you have a laptop or mobile device on campus, wireless internet access is available via the UW Wireless network.
Visitors need a temporary UW NetID to access sites outside of the washington.edu domain. Ask Libraries staff about obtaining a temporary UW NetID; you will need to provide a form of identification and contact information.
Printing & Scanning
Provided by Creative Communications
Payment for Printing:
- To a USB (flash drive - cannot be Mac-formatted drive)
- To a print station
- To email (non-UW users should ask staff for a Temporary NetID)
- To mobile device
- To Google Drive
Wireless printing: To print from your laptop through the wireless network, you must download a print driver for your particular location.