Welcome graduate students! The Libraries is here to support you with your research, teaching, and other information needs.
Be sure to keep up with what's going on at the Research Commons
- Ask your subject librarian
Your subject librarian can help you by providing research advice, purchasing material you need and more.
- Use your subject research guide
Librarian recommended research resources & tips for your subject area.
- ProQuest dissertations & theses UW Restricted
Search for dissertations written nationwide (plus some international); includes more than a million full text dissertations.
- Alert Services
Keep up with research in your field.
- Data Services
Guide to information & resources for finding & visualizing data.
- Borrowing & Access for Graduate Students
Borrowing and access privileges and services.
- Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Service
Get materials from other libraries.
- Purchase Request Form
Suggest that the UW Libraries purchases a specific book or other material.
Writing & Publishing
- Citation Management
Refworks, Endnote, Zotero and more.
- Digital Scholarship
Examples of digital scholarship at the UW and where to get assistance with any phase of your project.
- Journal Citation Reports UW Restricted
Citation data and impact factor for science/technology and social science journals.
- Research Works
Publish and archive your research while maintaining your copyright.
- Scholarly Publishing
Overview of issues: copyright, author rights and more.
Information on submitting your thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School.
- Instructor Toolkit
Course-related teaching links and tools.
- Teach with your subject librarian
Your librarian can provide library instruction and/or create a class-specific research guide.
- Set up course reserves
Place print & online materials on reserve for your class.
- Streaming Audio & Video
Request audio/video streaming for your class.
- Scheduling Media for a class
Reserve media to show in class or place media on reserve.
- Request an instruction session
Request a library instruction session for your class.
- Active Learning Classrooms (ALC)
Reserve one of the classrooms in Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
- Reserve a space in the Research Commons
Reserve a space to meet with your students one on one or in small groups.
- Graduate Funding Information Service (GFIS)
Advice & resources for identifying and locating funding for graduate school-related expenses.
- Grant Forward UW Restricted
Database of funding opportunities.
- Additional Funding Resources
GFIS guide to funding resources.
- Research Commons
Collaboration & presentation space with bookable group study rooms plus workshops and services for grad students.
- Request Suzzallo Library Carrels & Scholar Study Rooms
Reserve space in Suzzallo and Allen Library on a quarterly basis.
- Suzzallo and Allen Libraries study spaces
Photos and descriptions of study spaces in Suzzallo and Allen Libraries.
- Reserve a Group Study Room
Reservable spaces and equipment in UW Libraries.
Find available study space on the Seattle and Tacoma campuses