Services for Visitors from K-12
Welcome to the University of Washington Libraries, the premier research library in the Pacific Northwest. Most of the Libraries' research collections and tools are available for you to use in the library.
For additional information see Services for Visitors.
For K-12 Teachers & Librarians
- Fill out the Planning Your Class Visit form.
- Consult with your school librarian to prepare your students for their research visit.
- Have students do preliminary research at your school library.
- Have your students use the databases available via local public libraries.
- Have students search the UW Libraries catalog so that they come here with a list of books, library locations and call numbers.
Prior to finalizing your plans to visit -
For K-12 Students
Initial research steps:
- Talk to your school librarian about your research.
- Begin your research at your school and use the databases available at your local public library before visiting the UW Libraries.
- Search UW Libraries catalog so that you come to the library with a list of books, library locations and call numbers.
- Contact the UW Libraries via email, chat or phone.