Take advantage of the wide range of free research services and tools provided by the Libraries:
- Collections - everyone is welcome to visit the UW Libraries and use our books, journals and most other materials on site. See specific libraries for more information.
- Genealogical Research - the Family History subject guide describes resources and strategies that are useful for those researching genealogy
- Library Events & Exhibits - displays and exhibits are presented in a number of libraries.
- Reference Help - librarians are available to help you in each library and via email and chat.
- Research Databases - a limited number of research workstations provide access to research databases. Off-campus access to UW restricted databases, ebooks and resources is only available to current UW faculty, staff and students, however local public libraries may offer remote access to many of the same databases and resources. Current UW Alumni Association members can access the EBSCO Academic Search Alumni Edition database.
- Tours - self-guided tours are available for some libraries.
- UW Libraries Catalog - search the catalog from off-campus.
- UW Libraries Digital Collections - view historic photographs and documents.
- Wireless - temporary UW NetIDs are available for visitors to use the wireless network. Ask at any service desk for information.