Services for UW in the High School
- UW in the High School. UWHS is a program administered by UW Professional & Continuing Education in which high school students can complete University of Washington courses in their own classrooms.
- UWHS Library Guide. The UWHS Library Guide is available to help UWHS instructors identify resources and materials recommended for introducing students to the UW Libraries and to college-level research.
- Husky Card. Husky Cards also serve as a library card, and are available to UWHS students and instructors. To obtain a Husky Card and to get started borrowing materials, visit the Husky Card page.
- UW Net IDs. A UW NetID provides online access to the UW Library system. For more information about obtaining a UW NetID if you are a UWHS student, visit the After Registering page. For UWHS instructors, visit About UW NetIDs.
- Library visits. UWHS instructors are welcome to bring students to visit the UW Libraries, but are requested to register plans ahead of time by Planning Your Class Library Visit.
Borrow library materials
- Borrowing privileges. UWHS affiliates can borrow a variety of materials from the UW Libraries. For more details on borrowing privileges, visit Borrowing Information for UW PCE Students or Borrowing Information for Faculty. For any questions on your library account, visit Account Library Services.
- Placing a hold. Place a hold on materials already checked out or select a location for pick up of materials held by the UW Libraries through UW Libraries Search.
Access online resources
- Online access. Access thousands of online resources, including full-text journals, articles, and more with a UW NetID and password.
- Research guides. Discover recommended resources and research databases for a particular subject area by browsing the Libraries Research Guides.
- Off-campus access. UWHS students and instructors can also utilize library resources from home by Connecting from Off-Campus.
Get help from a librarian
- Click on the Ask Us! link above for 24/7 help through phone, email, or live chat. You can also contact the UW Continuum College librarians.