Subject Guides & Online Exhibits
- Century 21 Exposition: The World's Fair in Seattle, 1962
This guide links to a selection of archival, print, and photographic materials relating to Century 21, the 1962 Seattle World's Fair.
- Conservation and the Environment in the Pacific Northwest
This Special Collections guide provides links to a selection of archival materials relating to conservation and environmental politics in the Pacific Northwest.
- GLBTQ Collections
A bibliography highlighting archival and print resources in Special Collections relating to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer community.
This guide provides search tips, bibliographies, and links to print and archival materials relating to historic architecture in the Pacific Northwest. These resources may be used to research the work of regional architects, find photographs of historical buildings, and discover architectural drawings of both private residences and commercial structures.
- Japanese Americans in the Pacific Northwest
A guide to select primary materials relating to the Japanese-American community in the Pacific Northwest available in Special Collections
- Religion and Society in the Pacific Northwest
This site is a guide to records of religious congregations and organizations in the Pacific Northwest, and papers of persons involved in these organizations, supporting the study of the region's social, political and economic history.
- Senator Henry M. Jackson
This portal provides a general overview of key archival, printed, and visual resources in UW Libraries Special Collections that document Senator Jackson's long and distinguished career in public service.
- Visual Images of Exploration, Discovery, and Early Settlement in the Pacific Northwest
This site showcases a small portion of Special Collections' holdings relating to the history and culture of the visual arts in the Pacific Northwest. Presented here are highlights of artistic works -- primarily book illustrations, but also original artwork and decorative maps -- which document the exploration, discovery, and settlement of this region, dating from approximately 1770 to 1910.
- A Ballot for the Ladies: Washington Women's Struggle for the Vote, 1850-1910
- History of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge
- Orotone Photographs: The Golden Messengers of Early 20th-century American Culture
- Researching the Roadside: Travel & Tourism in the Pacific Northwest
University of Washington
- Dream, Design, Build: The UW Architecture Student Drawing Collection, 1914-1947
- New, Thinking, Agile, and Patriotic: "Hindu" Students at the University of Washington, 1908-1915
- Spotlight on the Zygmunt William Byrnbaum Papers
- University of Washington : A Pictorial History
- When the world came to campus, AYPE 1909