Use these databases to find articles about your topic:
If the full text of the article is not available in the database, search the UW Libraries Catalog for the title of the journal to see if we have it available online or in print in the library.
If the journal is not available online or in print,get a copy of the article for free through Interlibrary Loan.
- Science Citation Index - (Web of Science) Web of Science includes Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), 1965-present; Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), 1975-present; and Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI), 1975-present. - UW restricted
A multidisciplinary database, with searchable author abstracts and cited references, covering 5,300 major journals in a wide variety of science fields
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management - UW restricted
Multidisciplinary database providing comprehensive coverage of the environmental sciences.
- Aquatic sciences & fisheries abstracts ASFA / - (CSA) - UW restricted
Covers all aspects of marine, brackish, and freshwater environments including biology; ecology; fisheries; aquaculture; oceanography; limnology; resources and commerce; pollution; biotechnology; marine technology and engineering.
- NTIS - - UW restricted
Indexes and abstracts U.S. government-sponsored research, development, and engineering reports and analyses distributed by the National Technical Information Service.
- BioOne - - UW restricted
Full texts of research journals focused on the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences
- BIOSIS previews - (1969+) - UW restricted
Provides worldwide coverage of life sciences literature, with emphasis on research papers from primary biological and biomedical journals.
- Engineering village 2 - - UW restricted
Citations with abstracts to worldwide literature in engineering and technology, excluding patents.
- Geobase - - UW restricted
Contains bibliographic citations covering earth science, ecology, geography, environment, and marine science.
- GeoRef - - UW restricted
Provides access to the geoscience literature of the world. Database contains citations and abstracts to journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports, and theses; covers the geology of North America from 1693 to the present and the geology of the rest of the world from 1933 to the present; includes references to all publications of the U.S. Geological Survey.
- PAIS International - (CSA) - UW restricted
Provides indexing to a selective list of books, articles and government reports relating to public and social policy issues.
- Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide - - UW restricted
Contains bibliographic records on animal and bird species, wildlife management issues, diseases, game and hunting, Central and South American fauna; includes journals, monographs, conference publications, theses, and field studies.
- Search other databases listed on subject pages related to your topic
- Is your source peer-reviewed? Check Ulrich's Periodicals Directory