Engineering Library Instruction Center (ELIC)
- The ELIC is a fully wired computer lab, open for use by students/faculty/staff during all hours the library is open, except when reserved by Engineering Library staff for instructional use. A current student/staff/faculty UW NetID is required to log into the computers.
- The ELIC is located in Room 310, on the third floor of the Engineering Library.
- Priority for use is given to Engineering Library staff for instructional use. It can not be reserved for other uses. Computers are available for open use any time the lab is not reserved.
- The ELIC has 17 workstations plus one instructor station.
- RULES OF USE
- Those using the ELIC must abide by UW-IT Appropriate Use of UW Resources and must vacate the lab when it is reserved for instructional use.
- CONTACT FOR COMPUTER PROBLEMS
- For questions or problems with the software on the ELIC machines, contact:
- For hardware issues, please alert an Engineering Library staff member or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE- NEW!
- Software installed on the computers in the Engineering Library Instruction Center (ELIC) includes:
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe CS 6 master suite,
(obtain from STF keyserver)
Ansys 16.2, teaching license
- 3ds max 2015
CanonScan 9000F driver
UW Library print queues
IBM SPSS 19
Labview Fall 2015 release,
minus hardware drivers
- Control toolbox- Curve fitting toolbox
- Image processing toolbox
- Mapping toolbox
- Optimization toolbox
- Signal Processing toolbox
- Statistics toolbox
MiKTeX For Latex typesetting
MS Office 2013, 32-bit
MS Visual C++
MS Visual Studio
R for Windows
Solidworks 2015 student license
Windows 8.1 , 64-bit
Wolfram Mathematica 10.1