Group Study Rooms
There are 7 group study rooms available in the Engineering Library. They are on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors. There is wireless access available throughout the Engineering Library, including all study rooms. Ethernet jacks are also available in the 2nd and 4th floor study rooms.
HDTV video screens are available in each room. Remotes needed to turn the monitors on and off and to operate the monitors are available for checkout at the Information Desk on the first floor of the library. You can connect your laptop to the video screens for group viewing. Extended VGA cords are attached to each screen. Adapters and VGA splitters are available for checkout at the Information Desk.
Whiteboards are provided in 6 of the study rooms. One study room has a whiteboard wall. Markers and erasers for the whiteboards are available for checkout at the Information Desk on the first floor.
There are additional group study rooms available in other UW Libraries.
Engineering Library Group Study Rooms:
- Are for use by UW students, faculty and staff only.
- Are available on a first come, first served basis. No key checkout is required.
- Are intended for group study only, not for individual use. Study rooms are for 2+ people.
- Snacks and covered beverages are permitted. Deliveries of food are not permitted.
- Furniture, including chairs, must remain in the study rooms. Please do not remove the chairs or other furniture.
- Please do not leave library materials in the study rooms.
- Please keep discussions quiet – The walls are not soundproof. Keep the sound turned down as much as possible on the HDTV screens and other devices.
- Be courteous and sensitive to the fact that these rooms are in high demand.
- Please use the garbage & recycle bins provided near the study rooms. Do not leave garbage behind. Tidy the room for the next group.
- Please erase whiteboards when finished.
- Please turn off the HDTV monitors when not in use and before exiting the room.
Library users failing to comply with the conditions of this Policy will be subject to disciplinary actions under the University Libraries Code of Conduct.
The Library reserves the right to close any room to group study at any time.