Smith Room, Suzzallo Library: Room Use Policy
Policies on the Use of the Smith Room
- The room is not available for private use. Only University of Washington or affiliated groups (e.g., the Alumni Association, UW Foundation) may reserve the Smith Room for official University purposes. Room not available to non-university use, except for media filming. Media filming must be arranged through the UW Media Relations and Communications office, 206-685-2647.
- The room is suitable for meetings and small receptions. It includes conference table seating for 20, lounge seating for 12, and can accommodate a standing reception for a maximum of 75. The room cannot be darkened for media presentations. No live or recorded music is permitted because a study area is adjacent to the room.
- Room furniture includes 8 conference tables with 2 standard configurations and permanently arranged lounge furniture. In addition, 30 chairs and 2 tables for catering are available by request. Reset fees will be charged for special configurations, additional seating, and/or additional tables. Furniture cannot be removed from the room. The cost of repairs to room, furniture, flooring, or equipment damaged during an event is the responsibility of the sponsoring department.
- The room is equipped with hardwired and wireless Ethernet and a projection screen with stand. A podium with microphone is available by request. Users must arrange for delivery, set-up, and retrieval of projector or any additional media equipment rented through Classroom Support Services (206) 543-9900 or provide their own. Equipment must be removed promptly after the event.
- UW Net ID for guests needing wireless access can be obtained via UW-IT-Connect
- Food and beverages are permitted at catered events. Users are responsible for catering arrangements. Users must advise caterers that there is no kitchen, no access to water, and no staging area. Banquet permits are required to serve alcohol. Information on obtaining the permit is included on the reservation form. Linens or other appropriate protection are required to prevent heat/water damage to tables. Users must advise caterer that the room must be cleared promptly at the end of the event. Rental charges run until room is cleared and locked.
- If serving alcoholic beverages, please consult the following link for permit options: https://depts.washington.edu/sprogram/alcohol-service/
- It is the responsibility of the individual reserving the room to schedule, plan and expedite all permits, reservations, audiovisual equipment rentals, catering services, and room preparation and restoration needs.
Revised: 03 OCT 14