Washington State Employees
Services available free to state employees
State employees who need to borrow library material to support their work can submit a letter on official letterhead to Library Account Services to obtain a free borrower's card. See Borrowing Information for Visitors for more details. Questions about borrowing privileges can be directed to Library Account Services. Send, bring or fax the letter to:
Library Account Services
University of Washington Libraries
Seattle, WA 98195-2900
Fax: (206) 685-6972
- All libraries have some computers that may be used by state employees to access research databases. Databases listed as UW-restricted cannot be accessed remotely. These databases are indicated with a "lock" icon.
- Publications and handouts available at service desks, describing the Libraries units, services and collections
- Brief reference assistance
- Regularly scheduled tours, contact the library directly for a current schedule.
Services available for a fee to state employees
- Copies from UW Libraries collections - Document Delivery from UW Collections
- Copy services
Services not available to state employees
- Interlibrary loan (borrowing books or acquiring copies from non-UW libraries)
- Use of some reserve and media material
- Selected databases and other resources limited to the University of Washington community
- Group use of resources without prior approval
Libraries Primary Users
The mission of the University of Washington Libraries, the region's premier academic and research library, is to promote the success of students, faculty, staff and programs of the University of Washington through knowledge resources and services. As such the Libraries is primarily funded to meet the research and curricular needs of the University community who are given priority access to library services and collections.
Please note that the Washington State Library serves as the "home" library for Washington State employees.