UW Libraries Search (beta) - FAQ
What is the UW Libraries Search (beta)?
- The UW Libraries Search (beta) is the search tool for discovering materials in the UW Libraries and Summit Libraries’ collections. It mirrors UW WorldCat in many ways in that it includes books, articles and more through a simple search box, allowing you to filter your search results in a number of ways based on your needs.
What's new for Summer 2014?
- Over the past year we have been working with our vendor to improve UW Libraries Search beta, largely based on your input. For the summer quarter, we’re launching it as our default search interface on the UW Libraries home page, with the intention of getting more widespread user feedback. UW WorldCat will remain available via a tab above the main search box on the Libraries homepage.
What are some new features of the search system?
- Citation tools are integrated into every record so that you can easily copy and paste a citation from the most popular citation styles.
- “Permalinks” that provide stable URLs that you can save or share.
- Location filters that allow you to narrow your results to items in a particular building, such as Odegaard Undergraduate Library or the Music Library.
- View only those items that are currently available, rather than items that are already checked out.
Does the UW Libraries Search (beta) work with citation management tools?
- Yes. You will be able to export results to various tools, although things may work a little differently than in UW WorldCat. More information will be forthcoming as this functionality develops. You can find more information on the Citations and Writing Guide.
Where can I find tips and online help?
- Connect to the UW Libraries Search beta guide for tips on searching and how to find specific materials.
Where can I submit my questions or comments?
- Send feedback and questions via our Ask Us services email form. We're committed to providing the same excellent service throughout the implementation, so please feel free to contact us with any questions you have along the way.