Support Special Collections
The University of Washington Libraries Special Collections collects, preserves and makes accessible rare books, manuscripts, papers, records, photographs, moving images and architectural drawings. The distinctive holdings of Special Collections have grown through many generous donations of material and monetary contributions from community members, faculty, students, alumni and friends. With your support, we ensure the valuable historical legacies housed in Special Collections remain publicly accessible for generations to come.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you how your materials might enrich the research and teaching resources of Special Collections.
● Rare books, book arts, historical children’s books. Contact Sandra Kroupa at 206-685-3248.
● Faculty and alumni papers, student organization records. Contact John Bolcer at 206-685-2352.
● Photographs, moving images, architectural drawings and other visual materials. Contact Nicolette Bromberg at 206-685-2968.
● Pacific Northwest historical materials and books. Contact Anne Jenner at 206-685-2856.
● Washington State Jewish historical materials and books. Contact Eileen Price at 206-543-8450.
● Labor, civil rights and social justice materials. Contact Conor Casey at 206-685-3976.
● History of Science and Medicine. Contact Lisa Oberg at 206-543-7492.
If you are unsure about who to call, or if your materials fall under more than one of the categories listed above, call 206-543-1929 or submit your question online for more information. A full listing of Special Collections staff contact information is also available.